Bad Playstyle is a book club podcast. We all sit down and play the same game and hopefully you have too so you can be intellectually engaged with our discussion. We generally aim for shorter games that have a start to finish of six hours or less.
Spoilers: The games we play for each episode will absolutely be spoiled and any others that come up in conversation can potentially be in the line of fire. Each episode's show notes will list all games mentioned. It is recommended that you check an episode's show notes before listening to it if you are sensitive to spoilers.
- We Ramble off excuses
- Owen loves legos/ power rangers
- Star trek timelines keeps dragging owen back in, kind of.
- DIABLO 3 was back with a vengeance for a minute there.
- Games should be marketed towards being veg-out titles
- Heroes of the storm RIP. thanks activision
- Skyrim requiem is really good! You should try it. It takes forever to
- Heat signature has hot new enemy types. Fuck the predator forever.
- Stealth rocks: good for the meta. Bad for fun.
- Diablo: is if grimdark anymore? Hellblade teaches us that it is not.
- Matt summarizes hellblade.
- Matt sometimes picks frustrating video games
- Other people’s gods
- The entire world is a visual metaphor for what is happening
- We all played with headphones in like good little boys
- CW: abuse, trauma, death, dismemberment.
- We took long breaks between sessions.
- The best game I ever hated
- Everything is bespoke. There are downsides to this
- The game is supposed to be frustrating, I think (massive eyeroll from
- Keynan asserts that the game never layer cakes its mechanics properly
- Gramr is a way good short.
- Puzzle elements never get stacked or changed, they just get replaced.
- OMG i fucked up the first rune puzzle so hard. Took me ten minutes to
- The voices never lie to you. They say mean shit. But they never lie.
- This game achieved parkour flow for me at certain points
- Thoroughly enjoyed it but I will never play it again.
- Visual metaphor ending, folks
- The extra “ending” scene revealed
- Portrays and inflicts trauma
- Keynan says the game is underbaked. I disagree.
- Blindness section “No, they’ll kill you”
- Booty clenching dark water section
- The fenris section tested my immersion and owens will to play the
- This game is visually amazing “actual FMV”
- Video games as art discussion
- Fine art. Vs art. Award shows are stupid bullshit
- Humans want to win, but only by the skin of their teeth
- Everything is performance
- Matt poorly explains the “tall wales” ck2 strat poorly
- All matt all the time, you’re excited
- Sam loses
yes once again fallout bad playstyle. perhaps for the final time. we are worth listening to i swear
We drink beers and rank all the games we played since the start of bad playstyle. Drink along with us! if your favorite part of every episode of BP is the part before we start talking about that weeks game this will be your favorite episode
The boys finally got to the bottom of the whole "What is Fire Watch?" issue.
the much awaited Fallout 2 episode. all opinions contained herein are correct. you are welcome devin
the boys played mark of the ninja remastered. does it hold up? who knows? you would if you listened to this episode.
The folks over at bad playstyle talk shadowrun this week. many trolls and elves to be had. so tune up your wired reflexes and make other references to sci fi genres that are slowly becoming retro futures. I hope you enjoy! (nobody else does, only me)
we play fallout 1 and you should too!
In this deep dive in the complex emotions surrounding yet another Russian videogame the boys start yelling and sam fisher fights a psychic teenager. all this and more on this episode of the bad playstyle cast
Wolfentimes! the boys have a hearty soup of conversation about BJ and his nazi killing.
this episode is very long and just as important. if you only listen to one bad playstyle make it this one.